Standardized occupational therapy assessment of functional cognition
The Cognitive Performance Test (CPT) is a standardized occupational therapy assessment of functional cognition. Therapists examine cognitive integration with functioning in an IADL-environmental context and rate executive processing across seven subtasks for an average score. The CPT is used to explain and predict capacity to function in various contexts and guide intervention plans, it measures and tracks the severity of a cognitive-functional disability by means of baseline and serial assessment.
The CPT Revised Manual 2018 uses an updated construct and language consistent with advances in cognitive neuroscience and what is known about neurocognitive disorders (NCDs) and the memory systems of mild and major NCDs.
CPT Revised 2018 Includes:
- Updates based on cognitive neuroscience and CPT research in early NCDs
- Administration protocols and props (Props for subtasks Medbox, Shop, Wash, and Toast are included; Subtasks Phone, Dress, and Travel are location specific with prop instructions included)
- Task analyses for each subtask and easier to use protocols
- CPT Profiles for evidence-based intervention in IADL/ADL, Independent living and care
- Documentation Template and Billing Code
- Reference list of empirical studies published since 1990 thru 2018
© Copyright Theressa Burns, 2018